What Is The Name Of The Child? Choose The Right Name For Your Child
One of the most important questions facing young parents is: how to name a child? What name should a child choose?
Finding the right name for a child is a big challenge for all parents.
When choosing a name for a child, parents should take into account a large number of influencing factors: family traditions, religious traditions, national traditions, fashion trends in names.
For unusual parents, their biased opinion is an important power in determining a name for their child. Some young parents, when choosing a name for a child, are guided by the sound and beauty of the name, some by the meaning of the name, some by the compatibility of the name with the patron or surname, some by the parent-child. Names are named after him. a friend, acquaintance or relative.
And yet, what should you look for when choosing a name for your child? After all, a name is given to a person for his entire life and has an impact on his character, on the attitude of the people around him to a person, and therefore on his entire face as a whole.
When choosing a name for a child, first of all, one must proceed from the interests of the child himself, and not from the motives of parents, relatives or acquaintances.
The choice of a name must be approached calmly, balanced and objectively. You need to give your child a name that will help him in life. If you want to generate the name of your child online then you can generate it from the Orc name generator.
There are a number of rules to follow in order to choose the right name for your child:
1. The name of the child should be euphonic, easy to pronounce, memorable, well combined with the surname and patronymic. If the name is difficult to pronounce, it will become a restriction in communication, create difficulties for both the person himself and others (cause tension when addressing).
People are surprised by very rare names with simple and common surnames, for example, Eduard Pupukin or Albina Ivanova. Name, patronymic and surname must be combined and pass one into the other.
Choose a name in such a way that there are no long sequence of vowels or consonants (sounds) between the first and patronymic, first and last names. A good combination is obtained when the stress in the name and patronymic breaks down into the same syllables.
2. It is worth looking into the future in perspective and taking care of your grandchildren – they should also have a beautiful and harmonious middle name. Therefore, the boy’s name should form a beautiful middle name.
3. In the future, the child will often be addressed not by name and patronymic (usually only at work informal conversations or negotiations), but simply by name. Loved ones, relatives and friends will be addressed in the tiny form of a pet name.
Therefore, the name should have and easily form diminutive forms of affection (Vanechka, Vanyusha, Vanka, etc.). This will make it easier for a person to communicate with other people.
4. In many families, there is a tradition to call children by the names of their parents, boys by the names of their fathers, and girls by the names of their mothers. Everyone has met such people in his life: Alexander Alexandrovich, Pavel Pavlovich, Sergei Sergeich, Nikolai Nikolaevich and others.
The psychologist claims that this is extremely undesirable for a child, since excessive irritability, high emotionality, and imbalance are manifested in the child’s character.
The repetition of the parents’ name causes negative qualities in the child. This is due to the fact that many children are inherited from their parents, at the same time as good qualities, but much more often bad ones.
5. In no case should a child be given a name in memory of deceased relatives, for example, grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, brother, sister. This can cause a child’s own inferiority on a subconscious level.
Also, the fate of deceased relatives negatively affects the child, because parents, choosing a name for the child in honour of deceased relatives, recognize the possibility of a repetition of their fate in the child’s life.
6. The easiest way to find a name for a child is to follow the fashion for names. There are many statistics on the most popular names for boys and girls. Registry offices publish information about which names are most often given to children.
But don’t forget that fashions, including names, are changing rapidly. Indeed, until recently, many boys were called Denis and Danil, and the girls were Anastasia and Polina. And now completely different names are coming into fashion, no less popular, and fashionable ones are losing their positions earlier.
7. If you are going to give your child a rare name to emphasize the uniqueness and personality of your child, the first thing that the rare name will not be a heavy burden for the child. According to psychologists, a too rare and strange name can negatively affect character formation and develop an inferiority complex.
If you find it difficult to choose a name for a child from a set of names, there is an algorithm of actions to solve this problem.
Step 1: Make a list of the names you like. Names can be taken from special dictionaries, books and, of course, from the Internet. For the sake of completeness, the list should include not only those names that you really like but those that you admit to being possible.
Your other half (husband, wife) performs the same actions. When both parents’ lists are ready, you exchange them. After that, each spouse removes from the resulting list all variants of names that are inadmissible for him.
Stage 2: After shortening both lists of names, they are combined into one common one. The general list is rewritten for each family member whose opinion is important for the child’s parents.
All family members who receive a list of names will rate each name. The most liked name gets 1 place, the second favourite name gets the second place and so on.
Stage 3: All lists are collected and points are calculated for each name. The name with the lowest number of points as a result of voting will be considered the winner.