Mouthwatering Pizza Facts You Didn’t Know Before
Ah, pizza. It’s a circle in shape. We eat it in triangles and put it in a square box. And also, you require a pizza peel to get it out of the oven. Only hearing the word “pizza” makes almost everyone happy.
Whatever variety of pizza style, from the thin crust or Chicago-style pizza with loads of cheese and pepperoni topped with meats or veggies. Pizza is always at the top of the “favourite food” list. There are all the choices of flavour and spices available for everyone. It is the reason pizza is the ultimate comfort food for all of us.
But the question is, how much do you know about pizza, everyone’s dear food? Well, we have listed down nine mouthwatering facts about pizza you didn’t know. It will fill your knowledge tank and start a real conversation for your upcoming pizza party.
The history of food is full of fascinating dishes, but only some have got appreciation from all around the world. Let us tell you its journey from the Italian chefs’ kitchen to its popularity all over the world that it has today.
- When we talk about pizza origin, we think Italiano, but the pizza origin goes back to old times.
- Ancient Egyptians and Greeks were baking a pizza-like flatbread and topping it with spices and olive oil.
- In the late 18th century, with tomatoes’ addition, the modern pizza evolved in Naples, Italy.
The World’s Largest Pizza
- In 2012, a chef group from Rome, Italy, made a new record with a giant pizza.
- It has a surface area of 13,580.28 square feet.
- They named the pizza Ottavia by the name of Octavian Augustus, who was a Roman emperor.
- Around 10,000 pounds of mozzarella cheese and 20,000 pounds of flour went into pizza’s production.
- Surprisingly, the Octavian pizza was 100 per cent gluten-free!
- They made Ottavia pizza gluten-free to create awareness about healthy food choices.
- In Philadelphia, there’s a pizza museum.
- The name of that Museum is Pizza Brain.
- The Museum has the world’s largest exhibition of pizza memorabilia.
- It is just not my statement; in 2011, this collection got the Guinness certification of “the world’s largest collection of pizza-related items.”
The Most Expensive Pizza
- Rental viola made the most costly pizza globally for many people in Salerno, a shoreside town in Italy.
- The name of this pizza is Louis XIII.
- It costs $12,000.
- Louis XII’s topping has three types: buffalo mozzarella, caviar, organic, and seven different cheese varieties.
October Is National Pizza Month
- Gerry Durnell, the magazine Pizza Today publisher, created the national day of pizza in October of 1984.
- Now people celebrate it annually as an event.
Nutritional Facts about Pizza
Pizza has always been a favourite dish for almost everyone, despite receiving an unfailingly top place in people’s go-to list. It has a bad image of being a greasy fast food.
The media always puts a bad light on pizza. Notably for the people who are very health-conscious and are mindful of their calorie intake. With that in mind, we will add some nutritional facts about pizza.
Pizza Nutrition Fact
A regular cheese slice of pizza has nearly 12.7 grams of protein, 272 calories, 9.8 grams of fat, and1.8 grams of fibre. Putting in some veggies boosts the nutritional value.
Eating pizza Once A Week Might Lessen The Chances Of Esophageal Cancer.
It might sound too good, to be honest, but pizza has some nutritional advantages. The International Journal of Cancer published a study that says people who eat pizza once a week lessen cancer chances.
Eating pizza frequently curtailed the chance of developing esophageal cancer by 60%. It also lessens the risk of having colon cancer by 28% and mouth cancer by 34%. The researchers deduced that this is because the tomato sauce contains high content of lycopene.
Tomato Sauce Could Help Support Your Immune System
Moreover, to the tomato sauce’s advantageous lycopene concentration, research published in the journal Nutrients says that tomato sauce has a high flavonoid content. The study noticed that flavonoids effectively fight many problems, for example, inflammation, depression, and cardiovascular disease.
Pizza is one of the best dishes that nearly everyone is aware of and likes around the world. People call it the ultimate comfort food. It’s savoury, delicious, cheesy, and just about everywhere. We can see people’s love for a pizza place where people kept ordering pizza online even in the pandemic. The pizza sales rates went immensely high. Online pizza restaurant businesses got up during these pandemic days.
However, pizza has a not very good reputation. People consider it unhealthy. Besides, when it is made right, it can be a tremendous nutritious source of food. Diet trends and nutritionists believe that people should take pizza in moderation. Though, science finds that eating another slice of pizza is healthier for you more than you think. So, order fast food online in this pandemic and enjoy savoury food from the convenience of your couch.