Kasol Kheerganga trek- complete guide
Being located towards the northern part of the country and guarded by the tallest and youngest mountain of the world, the Himalaya Himachal Pradesh is being gifted with many adventurous trekking spots. Being the home to many famous lofty peaks it serves as the idol trekking destination to all backpackers. Some exciting treks of Himachal include Triund treks, Kasol Kheerganga trek, Hampta Pass trek, Pin Parvati Trek and Prashar Lake Trek, and many more adventurous treks. All these above-mentioned treks vary from easy to challenging in their respective difficulty level where some are easy and on the other hand some call for trekkers with high experience and huge mental and physical stamina. The level of experience of the trekkers depends entirely on which trek they pick.
Here we are going to get a complete guide on one of the most well-known and famous treks of Himachal that is Kasol Kheerganga Trek.
Kasol Kheerganga Trek
The Kasol Kheerganga Trek starts from a small village at Kasol situated in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. It is the most well-known trekking destination in Himachal Pradesh which gives stuff competition to Shimla and it is located deep in the Parvati valley(Kullu Valley) and is preached at an altitude of approximately 2950m. The Kheerganga Trek starts from Barshaini which is around 45 minutes away from Kasol by road. Kheerganga is nature’s paradise and the beauty of the place is spellbinding. This place is known for its famous hot water spring. The 12 km trail of Kheerganga Trek provides ample opportunity to explore the natural beauties of the region. On the way, one can find numerous waterfalls which keep convincing everyone. The idol time to trek Kheerganga by any trekkers is during the summer or autumn season. The best months in summers (May and June) and in autumn (September and October). As per the difficulty level, it is graded as easy to moderate and it is the best trek for beginners.
Trekking routes to Kheerganga
Trekkers need to cover a distance of 10-12 km roughly to reach Kheerganga from Barshaini. These are three routes from Barshaini to go to Kheerganga.
- Walking towards the bridge after Barshaini and then taking the left turn, then asking anyone the way to Nathan village and Kheerganga. This route is the most popular to Kheerganga along the left side of the Parvati River. This route takes three to four hours to reach the destination.
- The second route to Kheerganga through Kalga village is comparatively easy and with longer descends. The distance of the 7 km route is generally preferred by people with low stamina. Keeping a good pace one can finish this route in 4 hours, but for slow trekkers, it takes 5 to 6 hours to finish.
- There is an alternate journeying way for Kheerganga from Tosh town. Trekkers who want to stay at night at Tosh and want to Trek the next day generally prefer this route.
How to reach Kasol
The closest air terminal to Kasol is Kullu Manali Airport known as Bhuntar Airport in the Kullu area. Daily flights are available from the airport of Delhi to this place.
There is no railway station at Kasol. To reach Kasol by railway one needs to get off at the nearest railway station to Kasol which is Joginder Nagar railway station, about 144 km.
Being one of the most widely visited places in India by foreign tourists, the village is accessible via an excellent road facility. The NH- 3 is the main road leading to Kasol village towards Manali.
Things to carry
- Thrillophilia voucher( can present mobile voucher).
- Valid ID proof for each member.
- Personal toiletries and medication(if any)
- Warm clothes like windproof jackets, full sleeve sweaters, gloves, woolen cap, socks, and scarves.
- Comfortable clothes like T-shirts, yoga pants, trousers or tracks.
- Walking sticks or trekking poles.
- Water bottle, backpack, snacks, etc.
- Sunscreen lotion.
- Cap or hats.
- Flashlight( with spare batteries).
- Extra food.
- Personal medical kit.
- First aid kit.